Coronavirus Prevention Activities KazMunayGas Takes
KazMunayGas (hereinafter - KMG, the Company), in view of emergency status and understanding its responsibility before the employees and all stakeholders, as well as in compliance with the principles of openness and transparency, is notifying about measures taken by the Company to prevent the coronavirus infection contagion.
First, we find essential to inform the public that two employees of the Company’s central office were suspected to have a coronavirus infection. The fact is that one of the employees shared the same flight from Frankfurt to Nur-Sultan with a coronavirus infected person. Another employee boarded the same plane in Nur-Sultan to get to Almaty. Both employees were COVID-19 tested as prescribed, and the analysis proved the negative results. According to the Decree on additional measures to prevent coronavirus infection contagion in the Republic of Kazakhstan under the hand of Top Sanitary Official Zhandarbek Bekshin, our two employees are in the “Potential Contacts” class and are now under home quarantine.
We are notifying as well that the Company has taken unprecedented actions to ensure the maximum safety of KMG Group employees:
- offices and production premises are timely disinfected and treated as required. Employee personal hygiene awareness-raising activities are regularly taken;
- all business trips abroad as well as throughout Kazakhstan are cancelled in KMG Group;
- all public events are cancelled;
- all required disinfection activities in overcrowded operational sites are taken and employees’ temperatures are regularly taken;
- at least 50% of administrative employees are transferred to remote work from home;
- special emergency response teams are created both in the central office and subsidiaries.
We should note that the employee safety along with smooth operations are of priority for KMG.
No coronavirus was shown among employees as of 16 March 2020. All KMG entities are in normal operation mode.
Besides, we are informing that the plants normally operate their oil and gas production, as well as transportation and refining, we have no deficiency of oil products.
The Company will timely inform the public about any actualities in the relevant matter.