Procurement of goods, works, and services of the group of companies «KazMunayGas» is regulated by the Procurement Procedure of the Joint-Stock Company “Sovereign Wealth Fund «Samruk-Kazyna» and other legal entities, with fifty and more percent of voting shares (equity share) of which being directly or indirectly owned by «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC based on the right of ownership or trust management, approved by the Board of Directors of the Fund (Minutes No. 193 dated March 3, 2021), which was developed and adopted under the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Procurement by Certain Quasi-Public Sector Entities dated June 8, 2021 No. 47-VII.
In the accordance with the abovementioned law, procurement is based on the following principles:
01Optimal and efficient expenditure of the procurement money;
02Openness and transparency of the procurement procedure in compliance with the rights and (or) legitimate interests of suppliers to trade secrets (before compiling tender results);
03Fair competition among potential suppliers, prevention of collusion between procurement participants;
04Responsibility of procurement participants;
05Providing potential suppliers with equal opportunities to participate in the procurement procedure, except as provided by this Law;
06Provision of support to domestic producers of goods, as well as domestic suppliers of works and services, unless it contradicts international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan;
07Purchase of innovative and high-tech goods, works, and services;
08Prevention of corrupt practices;
09Respect for intellectual property rights of the purchased goods.
Development of local content
The development of local content is one of the priorities of JSC NC «KazMunayGas». This task is achieved through support measures provided for by the Procurement Procedure of the Joint-Stock Company «Sovereign Wealth Fund «Samruk-Kazyna» and other legal entities, with fifty and more percent of voting shares (equity share) of which being directly or indirectly owned by «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC based on the right of ownership or trust management, approved by the Board of Directors of the Fund (Minutes No. 193 dated March 3, 2021). The main support measures are:
- - the possibility of establishing a priority for the purchase of goods only among the manufacturers of the Fund;
- - obligatory purchase of products of commodity manufacturers implementing projects under the Program on the promotion of the establishment of new industries through off-take contracting;
- - the requirement for contractors to purchase сonstruction and assembling operations (hereinafter referred to as CAO) of goods from commodity manufacturers of the purchased goods within the framework of CAO;
- - the customer’s obligation to include in the terms of the contract concluded with the domestic commodity manufacturer (including long-term contract) advance payments in the amount of at least 30% of the contract amount for the next 12 months of the contract;
- - exemption from providing tender security, contracts enforcement, and guarantee of the return of an advance payment for domestic producers;
- - setting the limit of the maximum amount of fines to be charged from the commodity producer following the terms of the procurement contract for late delivery or refusal to supply goods in contracts with purchased goods manufacturers;
- - settlement, including the final settlement, under the contract concluded with the commodity producer of the purchased goods is to be made within not more than 5 working days from the date of signing the goods delivery acts by the parties.
In accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 73 of the Procedure, a certain category of procurement is carried out using a special procedure, without using the ISEP procurement web portal (www.zakup.sk.kz). Based on paragraph 3 of Article 73 of the Procedure, information on planned purchases carried out using a special procedure, except for purchases made under subparagraph 1) of paragraph 1 of this article, is posted on the websites of customers.Download the list