NC «KazMunayGas» JSC announces changes in the composition of the Board of Directors
Following the results of the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (EGM) of NC “KazMunayGas” JSC (KMG) held today, Yernat Kudaibergenovich Berdigulov was elected the Chairman of the KMG’s Board of Directors (BoD).
Ye. Berdigulov received a Bachelor of Science in Public Policy and International Studies from the University of Toronto (Canada) in 2010, a Master of Science in Business Administration from the University of Warwick (UK) in 2018, and is currently studying at the Harvard Institute for Leadership Development (USA).
Ye. Berdigulov previously worked as a project manager at Whiteshield Partners, also held the position of Co-Managing Director for Strategy, Sustainability and Digitalization at JSC “Samruk-Kazyna”, and currently holds the position of the Managing Director for Strategy and Asset Management at JSC “Samruk-Kazyna”.
Former Chairman of the KMG BoD, Independent Director Christopher Walton resigned from the BoD in accordance with the Corporate Governance Code of KMG, as he had been an Independent Director on the KMG BoD for more than 9 years.
Christopher Walton noted: “It has been a pleasure to be the Chairman of KMG’s Board of Directors, working with three excellent Chairmen of the Management Board and a strong management team. I am proud of what has been achieved, particularly the improvements in governance, safety and financial stability. I leave KMG with a stable and solid foundation for the future."
Commenting on the above, Magzum Mirzagaliyev, the Chairman of the KMG Management Board, said: “Chris has made a valuable contribution to the development of KMG during his 6 years as the Chairman. He has led by providing the right and timely “tone from the top”. He leaves his post with our thanks and best wishes for the future.”
Members of the KMG BoD Ye.M. Otynshiyev, U.S. Karabalin, M.M. Mirzagaliyev, A.S. Zhubayev, A.A. Argingazin, and P.M. Holland were re-elected based on the results of the EGM. Also, based on the results of the EGM, Saya Naymanbaikyzy Mynsharipova was elected an Independent Director of the KMG BoD.
Thus, the new composition of the KMG BoD is as follows:
1. Yernat Kudaibergenovich Berdigulov, the Chairman of the KMG BoD, representative of interests of JSC “Samruk-Kazyna”;
2. Yelzhas Muratovich Otynshiyev, representative of interests of JSC “Samruk-Kazyna”;
3. Uzakbay Suleimenovich Karabalin, representative of interests of JSC “Samruk-Kazyna”;
4. Magum Maratovich Mirzagaliyev, the Chairman of the Management Board of NC “KazMunayGas” JSC;
5. Armanbay Saparbayevich Zhubayev, Independent Director;
6. Arman Anuarbekovich Argingazin, Independent Director;
7. Phillip Malcolm Holland, Independent Director;
8. Saya Naymanbaikyzy Mynsharipova, Independent Director.