The economic effect from energy-efficiency measures in “KazTransOil” JSC in 2015 exceeded 200 million tenge
Continuous energy-efficiency improvement is one of priorities of “KazTransOil” JSC, declared in the energy policy of the company, adopted in December 2014.
Upon the results of the energy audit at company’s facilities energy-efficiency measures were developed, which were included in the action plan on improvement of energy-efficiency of “KazTransOil” JSC for 2015-2019.
The following measures were implemented following the plan in 2015:
- appliance of automated reactive power compensation devices;
- gradual switch to power saving LED-based lighting;
- thermostat setting on heating radiators in administrative and housing blocks of oil pipeline departments;
- installing photovoltaic facility in “MICC of “KazTransOil” JSC branch;
- procurement and installation of precision air conditioners with free cooling in “MICC of “KazTransOil” JSC branch;
- certification audit followed by awarding with certificate for compliance of energy management with international standard ISO 50001:2011 from SGS company.
It is worthwhile noting about the energy-saving activities of “Main Information Computing Center” branch (Astana) on installation of photovoltaic facility and precision air conditioners with free cooling. The mentioned projects were completed in October-November 2015, power efficiency for 2.5 months was 31842 kVt*h, in monetary expression that was 606,272 tenge.
In Eastern branch of “KazTransOil” JSC in 2015 energy saving comprised 5,765,630 kVt*h, in monetary expression that was 83,823,100 tenge. Saving was achieved due to development of optimal oil transportation modes and oil turnover reduction at the sections of main oil pipelines.
At the Western branch of the company due to increased actual air temperature (comparing to the planned values), and, correspondingly, reduced need to heat oil during the process of its transportation, the volume of gas consumption for oil heating comparing to the fact of 2014 was reduced for 7,802 th.cub.m, in monetary expression that was 151 588 th.tenge.
In the result of gradual switch to energy saving LED based lighting in 2015 power consumption as compared to 2014 was reduced for 1,732 thousand kVt*h, in monetary expression that was 28,363 thousand tenge.