From the first days of its existence, national company KazMunayGas has been seeking not only high production performance, but also efficient work management, high-quality assets structure based on the world advanced practices of oil and gas business, corporate management and human resources development.
For a short period of time, the Company managed to achieve significant progress. The Company established effective production links on the basis of the existing resources, introduced efficient planning systems, developed and realized ambitious projects ( both joint and independent) that are significant not only for oil and gas industry, but also for the economy in general. NC KazMunayGas JSC shows sustainable development, augments reserves and constantly increases its share in the Republican oil production.
Thanks to the efforts of the executive management and personnel, NC KazMunayGas JSC became the leading strategic company of domestic oil industry. Besides, the Company managed to occupy its niche on the world’s largest energy markets, gained the reputation of a reliable partner, honorably represents the republic of Kazakhstan and advocators its interests.
Moreover, NC KazMunayGas JSC is a socially conscious company, which contributes considerably to the development of the society. NC KazMunayGas JSC developed and realized a number of social programs aimed at material incentives of work, encouragement and professional growth of young specialists, care for veterans and invalids, and support of other segments of social sphere of regions which are not directly connected with the production activity.
It is undoubted that NC KazMunayGas JSC will continue to reinforce its positions relying on good traditions of the first Kazakhstani oil producers and preserving dynamism and efforts to provide profits for all the people of Kazakhstan…"
The company sees its social responsibility as a voluntary contribution of business in society development in social, economic and ecological spheres. The contribution is directly related to the main activity of the Company and goes outside the scope of the minimum defined by the Law, in accordance with the social policy of the Company.
The social aspect in business is becoming more and more important for the Company as it is the evidence of business reputation and one of the instruments which makes it possible to:
- Establish effective and balanced relationship with all the parties – the state, share-holders, personnel, consumers and partners;
- Provide progressive development of business through comprehensive society development (improvement of industrial standards, educational level and health care, creation of new services and introduction of new products, life quality improvement).
We devote much attention to building creative and open-hearted atmosphere which would contribute to a high level of our employees’ involvement into solving basic business tasks and developing the awareness of solidarity and team spirit. Our corporate culture is aimed at creating a group of like-minded people setting the standards of effective and high-quality work in the industry.
The company leads an active social life, creates a constructive dialogue between employees and executives and pays attention to harmonizing the employees’ working and private time.
Promoting a healthy life style, the company holds annual spartakiads among its employees and friendly competitions between the teams of KMG’s group of companies. There are a gym and a basin for group and individual training.
Continuity of generations:
As is well-known, a large number of highly qualified specialists, many of whom are unique people constituting national wealth of the country, worked before and has still been working in the oil and gas industry up till now.
To support the relations between generations, provide an opportunity to receive information immediately from veterans and recognized leaders of the industry and examine the success stories shared by industry leaders, KMG holds regular master-class meetings for current generation of specialists of KMG’s group of companies.
The company also fosters high moral standards of employees involving them into social activity, taking care of vulnerable social groups. Annually, the company honors veterans of the Great Patriotic War, company’s employees participate in public volunteer clean-up; works with young specialists are carried out.
The Youth Council of KMG group of companies was founded in September 2014 in order to develop and implement the unified youth policy.
The tasks of Youth Council are as follows: consolidation of approaches and procedures of working with young employees, formulation of common standards in KMG group of companies, centralization of plans and activities directed at the implementation of the Company’s youth policy by means of collaboration of the Youth Councils of the subsidiaries and affiliates via Youth Council of KMG.
Youth policy of “KazMunayGas” NC JSC (hereinafter- the Policy) is developed in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Articles of Association of KMG and other internal documents of KMG and is aimed at organization of work with the Company’s young employees.
Currently there are about 17 thous. people under 29 years of age working in the Company, this amounts to about 20 percent, 5 percent of them hold senior positions. For today, 26 people of the total amount of young employees of the Company are graduates of “Bolashak” program, 280 people have the master’s degree and PhD.
Young employees are the basis of the Company’s staff potential.
Subsequent fulfillment of the youth policy will allow to actively use the potential of young people in the implementation of KMG Development Strategy, will help to solve the issues of youth adaptation, to form the corporate culture.
This Policy will be the basis for the development of internal documents aimed at the development of KMG youth policy.
It will be also important to carry out cultural events that will allow creating the conditions for creative self-fulfillment and useful leisure time for the young employees. It is also essential to promote healthy lifestyle in the youth environment, to conduct annual Forum of KMG youth, complex spartakiads, corporate Olympiads, competitions etc.
Generally the Company strives for the youth policy implementation to create favourable conditions for the balanced growth of the young employee, protection of his rights and ensuring the complete self-fulfillment in the interests of the Company and society.
The aim of the Policy
The aim of this Policy is development of common standards and consolidation of approaches and working mechanisms with the young employees for the youth policy implementation.
Objectives of the Policy
- formation of a consolidated opinion of young employees on the issues related to youth and centralization of plans, activities within the framework of this Policy by means of cooperation between youth councils of SDC through KMG Youth Council;
- studying the youth problems (professional, financial, social, educational etc.) in the Company, preparation of proposals for their solution for the management and trade union;
- assistance in professional growth of young employees;
- formation of the common informational space for young employees;
- strengthening of professional and business relationships between young employees, expansion of cooperation and exchange of experience;
- assistance in creating conditions for increasing the creative initiative of young employees, their involvement in future development, support and development of scientific and technological movement;
- assistance in the adaptation of newly arrived young employees;
- development of corporate culture among young employees;
- formation of legal culture of intolerance to manifestations of corruption and fraud;
- social protection of young employees;
- healthy lifestyle promotion;
- cooperation with other youth, trade unions and social organizations;
Basic principles of the Policy
- uniting all the youth organizations of the Company;
- centralization of the youth policy through KMG;
- cooperation of KMG, subsidiaries and affiliates including jointly-controlled entities and joint ventures in this Policy implementation;
- transparency of the Company’s activities in the youth policy;
- using the best international practices.
Compliance with the principles will provide the sequence, integrity of the Policy and will provide the necessary historical continuity, will create a common methodology and guidelines in the implementation of its main objectives.
The main activities
- professional development;
- cultural development;
- innovative and rationalization initiatives;
- promotion of sport and healthy lifestyle;
- social support.
Tools for the Policy implementation
In order to implement this Policy, the Youth Council of “KazMunayGas” NC JSC and its subsidiaries and affiliates is created. The provision on the Youth Council of “KazMunayGas” NC JSC is approved by the Management Board of KMG on 4.09.2014.
In making decisions, the Company takes into account the provisions of this Policy as well as the regulatory documents of “Samruk-Kazyna” National Welfare Fund” JSC related to this Policy.
“KazMunayGas” NC JSC associates its future with young employees ready to contribute their efforts, knowledge, capacities and ambitions for the Company’s development. Therefore successful implementation of this Policy will allow strengthening the youth rows, obtaining the experienced highly qualified managers in future, capable to make optimal decisions, face any challenges of modern world, propose new promising projects and solve the existing issues in the best interests of the Company and the state.
The future well-being of the Company depends on its attitude to preparation of a decent new generation today.