The Sole Shareholder’s aims, mission and vision of NC “KazMunayGas” JSC
The Shareholder’s aims:
- Value growth.
- Formation of efficient investment portfolio
- Management efficiency increase.
- Providing maximum profits for the Republic of Kazakhstan from development of the national petroleum industry
- Increasing the company value, its profitability and ensuring safe production
- Becoming a competitive petroleum company integrated in the international market
- Support for domestic suppliers of goods, works and services, local staff development.
NC KazMunayGas JSC is a highly efficient and competitive integrated oil-and-gas company meeting the highest standards of production safety.
Entering the thirty largest oil and gas companies of the world.
- NC KazMunayGas JSC will be developing as an integrated oil and gas company and will be engaged in non-core activities
- The growth will be ensured through oil and gas exploration operations, and expansion and diversification of export routes of oil and gas.
- In other sectors, JSC KazMunayGas will focus on sustaining strong positions by upgrading the production and increasing the efficiency of the operations.
- The strategy will be implemented through introduction of transparent and simplified organizational structure, and development of efficiency management in all groups of companies of KazMunayGas.
- In 2015, NC KazMunayGas JSC will be able to act as projects operator.
KazMunayGas is focused on the core activities to create the value of petroleum industry
- Oil and gas upstream
- Projects operator in Kazakhstan.
- Large projects co-operator in Kazakhstan and abroad.
Sales and marketing
- Pipeline network operator in Kazakhstan.
- Shareholding partner in international pipelines and export routes
- Tanker fleet operator in the Caspian sea
- Oil export and import.
- International oil trade
- Refining operator in Kazakhstan.
- Refining operator abroad.
Export /import, transportation and sales , gas transit
- Projects implementation within the state program Retail
- Retail network operator in Kazakhstan
- Owner/retail network operator abroad
- Sole operator of gas transportation system of Kazakhstan
- Sole importer of gas to Kazakhstani market
- Sole exporter of Kazakhstan gas and gas exchange operator
- Operator of regional gas transportation systems and gas distribution network
- Owner and operator of thermal power plants
Aims and priorities in oil and gas upstream
- To increase gas production volumes both domestically and regionally, make investments in Kashagan project, provide greater shares in the future projects
- To develop technical and operational competence through creation of partnerships and joint-ventures, explore complex deposits on the shelf together with foreign partners
- To increase the share of NC KazMunayGas JSC in oil and gas reserves of Kazakhstan, strengthen the role of KazMunayGas as an operator in the current and scheduled projects.
- To increase efficiency of investments and control the cost price
- To gain access to the projects and secure operator’s rights in the region, in particular in Turkmenistan, Azerbaidzhan, Uzbekistan and Russia.
Aims and priorities in gas transportation and marketing
- Become sole operator countrywide on transportation, transit, export and import of gas
- Develop and implement the projects of construction of new gas transportation systems
- Gas pipeline to transit gas to China
- The Caspian pipeline under condition of the maximum loading of the current transit facilities
- Provide sustainable gas supply to the domestic market via pipeline Beiney-Bozoi-Akbulak
- Increase reliability and profitability of gas distribution systems ( selective involvement in gas distribution and electricity-generating development projects )
- Foster achievement of high standards of production and profitability increase
- Aims and priorities in oil transportation
- Become the sole operator of domestic infrastructure to strengthen its own positions in relations with partners
- Expand and diversify export capacities to ensure long-terms export
- Construction and expansion of KCTS, СPC (Caspian pipeline consortium)
- Increase capacities of the Caspian tankers fleet
- Implement selective acquisition of partnership share in foreign petroleum assets to provide access to the end consumers markets
- Foster achievement of high standards of production and increase profitability
- Aims and priorities in the sphere of oil refinery, petrochemistry and oil and oil products marketing
- To strengthen positions at the domestic market
- Increase conversion depth and product quality ( Euro-3 by 2015)
- Increase the share at the retail market of Kazakhstan to 20%
- Foster achievement of high standards of production
- Provide implementation of petrochemistry complex construction within the state program
- Increase the value of assets “Rompetrol” and NC “KazMunayGas” JSC
- Provide further integration for “KazMunayGas”
- Develop competitiveness at the domestic market by taking advantage of domestic commercial and production competence